7/17/09

Life goes on

People like thinking love stories have happy endings.
In this case, they might think he came back a few days later, but that did not happen. We had not internet access then, so, if you were expecting for mail, you should "really" waint a long time to get it.

Somehow, I only had one letter from him months later. After that, he never wrote back.

I should confess I missed him. I missed his smile, the way he looked at me, his voice, his big hands holding mines. But, after some time he got vanished from my memories.

I went to the law school, also met a good man and we got married after an eight month courtship. George was splendid: he seemed to be the perfect husband, he was successful, mature, intelligent and caring. I knew he was not a passionate man, but at that moment I thought I might not need that too much. "Marriage, after many years, ends in pure friendship", he said, and that was pretty reasonable to me, so, if I wanted to have a long happy marriage I should focus on being a friend more than a lover. We married on a beautiful day of November, just two days before I was twenty one.

Having a kid was one of our most important goals. George felt time was passing too fast and he wanted a child before his forties. That is how we got Isabel; and as many parents, I think she is the smartest and prettiest girl all over the world. She has those big brown eyes and a beautiful smile everyone loves. Isabel adores her father, and sometimes I feel a bit excluded from their "circle": she tells her dad everything, they go everywhere together. However, I am delighted of seeing them so close, as it reminds me my own relationship with my father. After all, "daughters are for dads", my mom said.

No comments:

Post a Comment