7/17/09

A break up?

He had to leave. We knew that from the very beginning. I look back and try to remember details of our relationship, but I realized it was not a common one: we never had a real romance. Maybe because I was scared of losing someone, again. I am still wondering why I never let myself enjoy those days! I wish I was eighteen again.
Maybe I was too practical... no, I was just scared of being hurt, I just thought we had no future. But, how can a young girl think such stupidity? Future was all I had then!
He said he was crazy about me, and that I should leave with him. For being eighteen by then, I was not that restless; I refused his proposal. "We are just kids" I said.
Besides, my parents were not very pleased with the idea of a muslim boyfriend for me. They always said that, even when we should be tolerant and respectul to all religions, we should marry a man with the same beliefs.
The day before he left, he hold me in his arms for a long time. He gave me a soft kiss and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment